View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Sklansky\'s All In NLHE strategy?

[ QUOTE ]
I recall seeing some posts about a detailed, maybe optimal, strategy for No Limit Holdem in which your only moves are fold or go all in pre-flop. (Of course, it is to be optimal for such strategies, not amongst all strategies.)

I understand you considered you cards, stack sizes relative to blinds, position, previous action, maybe some other things, and then made your move --- Fold or Allin.

Does anyone have any information on this, such as where to find it or what it was called? Was it for ring games or tournaments (and what else had to be factored in)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are referring to "The System" presented in Sklansky's Tournament Poker for Advanced Players. This was intended to be a highly simplified strategy for someone who knew absolutely nothing about poker, and as a thought experiment, but not in any way an optimal strategy. Stack sizes and position were not considered, at least not in the first edition. David has made some more refinements since then, and I believe those are in the 21st century edition of TPFAP.