Thread: 3 Years at 2+2
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 10:50 PM

Default 3 Years at 2+2

Just a note of appreciation:

Got my first home computer in late 1998, and surfed around the net looking for some poker information sites. Found this one in late Nov/early Dec and quickly realized it was far and away the best. Lurked for a month or so--then started posting.

It was the heyday of skp and Dan Hanson. Also, Vince was doing "everyman new to living in LV" reports. Several of today's respected regulars were also posting then. Many others have come and gone. We participants used to "police" the forums. Samples i.e. "this should have been posted on the ____ forum" ---- or "lets not respond to posts like this".

Even then, the quality of information was excellent, and the civility factor was usually really good too.

I have benefited greatly from reading and (less frequently lately) posting on these forums. I have also gotten some great info in some e-mails from some of the participants too. Much of this has been poker hand or situation specific, but some other things also. For example, prior to my first LA cardroom trip, Rick and Brett both gave me lots of very helpful info on what to expect.

My personal 2+2 highlight was playing the Bellagio 15-30 early this year and meeting Vince, Mason, Chuck, Hosh, natedogg, BillM, and some others.

So, thanks guys.

Abe