View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Sirius Satellite Radio and Howard Stern

I've had Sirius for about a year. It's unbelievably awesome.

We're buying one for my mother-in-law for Christmas, and not so she can listen to Howard. I was really hoping they'd have a massive promotion to get the millions of new subscribers needed to pay Stern, but they haven't yet. I bought mine last year, when they signed Stern; the promo was, subscribe for a year, get the $150 in hardware for free. I haven't heard any such deals offered yet.

Forget the monthly payments, buy a year up-front. I'd buy the lifetime package, but it would suck if they went under, buried by Howard's contract.

Biggest knock on Sirius: they don't have baseball. But they have NFL, NBA, NHL, and they get NASCAR in '07. You can choose which teams' broadcast to listen to. For example, tonight, you tune into the Green Bay announcers, or the Vikings announcers. Unfortunately, the signal bounces off so many satellites, it's way out of sync with the tv, so you can't listen to it while watching the game.

I have a tv and Sirius Boombox next to my computer. More often than not, the tv is off, and the Sirius is on.

Howard uncensored is going to be off the charts.

I'm a huge fan of "The Wiseguy Show", a bunch of old Italian guys busting each other's chops. Listen to it once, and it demonstrates that comedy with swearing is 100x funnier.

If you didn't know, you can pop it out of your car, and listen to it in the house (if you have the docking/antenna setup).