View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Windows CPU Graph Having Heart Attack

No reason to run Win2K?

So you basically agree that Win2K can run with 256Mb ram yet it's useless and we should all upgrade to WinXP which include buying a license and more ram according to you...if you have a perfectly good machine and you like it I don't really see why you would want to pay that kind of money.

Secondly I'll have to side with MyMindIsGoing, 256Mb of ram is ok to run WinXP...I've done it for over a year. I don't like WinXP interface anyway, I disable the visual thingy which are pretty for the first 10 minutes...basically I have pretty much the same machine as anyone running Win2K plus a few advantages (my machine ran quite well with 256Mb).

Over 256Mb of RAM sure does has it's advantage, same can be said for a faster processor a better MoBo, etc. Facts are that Windows XP run with 256Mb of RAM and having more pretty much have nothing to do with the CPU graph having a heart attack...put aside a few exceptional things as a faulty HD running under PIO and requiring more CPU cycles to use virtual memory.