View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Stupid Auto-Detect Hardware

I think i may have been too broad in my description. Imagine you just bought a new printer and hooked it up to your computer through the usb port. The computer will say "yo, I found some new hardware, let's install this mofo". Suppose you told the computer (cause we all talk to our computers), "yo homey, this printer is ugly as hell, I'm going to go return it". You don't want to install the hardware, because we all know that installing drivers is no fun.

Looking through the list of services (I didn't even know that list existed quite frankly), I am going to have to assume that the service is "PLUG AND PLAY". I don't think it will be a good idea to turn that off. Besides the fact that windows told me not to, I also envision that it will turn off my plug and play hardware and not recognize any other new hardware in the future.

The pop-up has been a small annoyance, since it is practically doubling the amount of time that it takes for this computer to boot up. I'm sure there is a simple fix somewhere, I'm probably just not looking hard enough.

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe it's the "install new hardware wizard" ???