View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Getting Desperate with KJ

keep in mind that 'early' doesn't necessarily speak to just the current blinds. you're down to 7BB. the one cool thing with pushing here is that other than shortie, the blinds aren't committed to call you yet. and while jocking for position, you'll find a well timed push or two in this 'early' level met with little resistance (of course anyone waking up to AA will resist a tad [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). let's take a look......

#1 - push. folded to you in CO-1 it looks. i can't remember exactly how party's seat #'s work, but it looks like pretty healthy and not-so-desperate-yet are in the blinds. fine place to push.

#2 - um, yeah. fold.

#3 - PF, flop, turn ok. i think you almost have to call that min-bet from UTG for a probable split pot. sucks when he turns over a K and you loose another 15% of your stack, but i don't know if i could fold.

#4 - fold.

#5 - man, that's a tough one. he's as desperate as you. your hand could hold up. but w/ the other able to look him up, i'd hate to push over the top - compelling big stack (or the other) to call...getting it 3-way or worse. i'd probably fold too.

#6 - i'm gambling on this one. think of the hands you're pushing from UTG w/6BB's? a coin-toss perhaps, but one of the better opportunities you're going to have to double/triple through.