Thread: Fun with JJ
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Fun with JJ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a raise is the correct play. The flop bet is pathetic, could be a baby pair in the hole. I've never played a 50 SNG, so not sure about the caliber of player.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that it is a 50 doesn't rule out that he might have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...this may be a leak for me, but for this flop with JJ, I am raising...if he comes back over I fold...if he bets on the turn, I either call (if its a similar smallish bet, depening on the card that came) or fold. (I most likely fold).

These size bets usually mean they have nothing, or real big strength (trying to entice a raise). If the latter, then a raise will at least let you know where u stand and I think it ends up being nothing most of the time to make raising on your part +EV in the long run.

say 20% of the time its a minbet with a monster, you raise his 50 to 150, that 1 time out of 5 you have to fold leaves you +EV...of course I made up that % but in my experience it seems semi accurate.

Furthermore, by just calling, you are allowing 1. him to draw, 2. leaking more chips on the next cards when you couldev found out more definitively where u stood on the flop.

p