Thread: AK first hand
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: AK first hand

I would fold unless I had some good reason to believe this guy would make that play with a worse ace.

On a related topic, I haven't really been playing all that much lately, or using Poker Prophecy as a result, but it seems to me that a lot of the objections I hear raised to Poker Prophecy have to do with what percentage of results it captures. I tend to think that so long as the sample size is large, it is irrelevant what percentage of results it captures so long as it is safe to assume that it misses at random (that is, it's misses contain a representative sample of wins and losses). I do not see any reason to believe that the games it fails to record will be anything other than random, therefore if it has a record of several hundred games for a given player, I treat its information as reliable. If it has a tiny sample size for a given player, its information is not likely to be relevant whether it is capturing 100% or 10% of results.

Don't mean to hijack, Chuck, so sorry if this is out of place. Just a thought that has occurred to me a few times....