View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: good god

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't a personal attack on you, but you made it into a personal attack on me (completely unprovoked).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're correct and I apologize.

But what I haven't understood and still don't is this intense and completely hatred and contempt for the growth of poker and poker tournaments. It comes out constantly usually in posts championing against the "idol worship of moneymaker" because some people don't believe he played that bad or that he's a total fish. For saying this they consistently get accused of worshipping at the moneymaker altar or some other ridiculous overstatement. Things in past threads have provoked comments directed right at people to keep worshipping their idiot fish moneymaker and other such stuff. Don't play the innocent card here.

Anyway, you should know as well as anyone that luck in a tournament is much more a factor of length of rounds and blinds progression than quantity of entrants. Sure it will affect it minorly, but not nearly to the degree of shortening rounds or making blinds escalation very rapid.

Anyway, I apologize for the comment, but seriously know one here is worshipping moneymaker, some just disagree that he's a complete idiot that got super lucky. But to say the WSOP will be an "idiotfest" because half the entrants are internet qualifiers is ludicrous. There are top notch players that play only on the internet and many of them will be playing in this event.