Thread: AutoHotKey
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:28 PM

Default AutoHotKey

I purchased a Logitech wireless Rumblepad gamepad controller because I have to work on a computer all day and when you add 3-4 hours playing poker at night I am getting pretty sore.

I did a search here and found some of the information that I was looking for but am still in need of some help. One of the articles here suggested downloading AutoHotKey and Allsnap? I got both of these programs loaded last night and they seem to be working. I got as far as recording a script to launch poker client login and close the splash screen. This file was saved as a .ahk file and there seems to be a way to compile this into an .exe file. but after this point I am lost.

I am assuming from this point I can set up a hot key that will run this script and from that point I will be able to assign this to one of the gamepads functions. I am on the right track here? when I run AutoHotKey it does not appear to be doing anything? does it just run in the background? There were several programs that came with AHK do I need to use one of these to assign the script to a hot key. The console for the gamepad allows you to select one of the buttons and then hit record should I do this after I have created the hotkey.

I know lots of questions, but any help would be appreciated.