View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: A few random 1 Table Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
5. One person called me an idiot for making the following play. He claimed he had been a pro for 10 years (he was hopefully lying). We were two relatively short stacks battling for third with four left at Party. Blinds are 100-200 and he raises to 400. I call from the BB with 9-3 of hearts. Flop comes 9xx and I check and call his all in. He turns over aj and wins on a inside straight. He had ten outs on the flop so he was correct to go all in given our chip totals. But he called my 9-3 call idiotic. I thought he was idiotic for not pricing me out of the pot. I think there is a poker saying it is almost never incorrect to call a minimum raise when in the BB. This has to be true with two suited cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one for you on this topic of being berated. I was playing a $30 Sit N Go. 4 players left. I have a medium stack and pick up A-4o. I am UTG and the blinds are 100/200. I to $600. The button calls and the SB / BB fold. The flop comes Q44. I check, and the button bets $400. I call and then check-raise the turn, and bet the river. Turn and river cards seem to be blanks. He turns up QJs and of course I drag the pot with 3 4's. The guy starts berating me saying how I will never be successful playing that kind of garbage.
The fun part is that I ended up winning the tourney and he finished 4th.
All I can say is that this player was completely clueless.

Fun Stuff

Pitcher.