View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Internet (cable modem?) problem.

david toshiba makes some of the least reliable networking devices I can think of. I even went to a review site of your exact modem and here are what some of the other users say:

Date: 2005-09-18
Good for a While
Like so many others I have had this modem for 2 years now. It was very good for about 1.5 years, with only occasionally drops requiring resetting. Now it drops data constantly and I am shopping for a new modem and it won't be a Toshiba.

Date: 2005-09-03
skip this modem, not reliable
Like other posters have mentioned this modem starts to drop out and then total failure after 1.5 years of home use. They have an "on-line" diagnostic but since you can't get on-line with a bad modem, how stupid is that? A 5 year warranty like everyone else but big deal, do you want to go through a RMA process and wait for a $50.00 item? Seems that Toshiba uses low end components, so my advise is buy another brand. Bought an RCA modem at radio shack and tossed the Toshiba.

Date: 2004-11-26
Good but not long lasting
I got this together with my Cox Connection in June 2002. Initially it worked great . Like all I was thrilled because of the high speed internet. But it does not long last. First you start getting drops at times and then more frequently. The life I would say is about 1 to 1.5 years without any drop. Then you need to switch

Date: 2004-10-11
Worked great for a year...and then Kaput
No problems, fast and cheap until exactly 1 year. Then slowly kept dropping more and more until it never could establish the connection. Not a great choice.

I think the problem is with the modem itself. If you have a spare, try it out and see how it goes, otherwise I would just buy another..

my two scents [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]