Thread: I never tilt
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 02:21 PM

Default Re: That\'s a bold statement!

I guess what it comes down to, is why people tilt. Perhaps it is a poor delineation of the time axis in their brains.

For instance, I recently overheard somebody say "Darn it, I should have owned X stock, and Y stock, and Z stock."

And so what could "should have" possibly mean? That you should have been in possession of perfect information about the state of the universe within a light cone of the deck you got dealt from?

If you lose a hand, I am not sure what there is to get angry about. Certainly, you are glad the game is random, otherwise bad players would never play.

Certainly, you are glad you always fold hands that will probably cost more to play than you can hope to win.

So what is there to get mad about? Perhaps it is people who have tilted in other areas of life, that are left with poker as a final option.

Sure, I get sad all the time, or disappointed, or frustrated. But I don't see what that has to do with playing QT.

I guess your brain has to have pretty short feedback/reinforement timing - like a dog. Like where an epoch involves the order of multiple events, including proprioceptive ones, your evaluation is just unmoored from the distant outcome, or something...

eLROY