View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Dropping 30 buy-ins at the Party 5+1?

[ QUOTE ]
starvs,

Looking at your hand history, you remind of how I used to play after going on a losing streak. I played scared. I didn't play hands that could get me in any trouble. I didn't bluff and I overbet my good hands to avoid getting drawn out on. Some notable points:

A) You raised to 100 chips with AA from UTG. From UTG, I would raise less or slowplay aces.

B) With 58o and only 15 chips to see a flop, you fold and miss trips on the flop. I'd almost always call here.

C) You fold JJ to an all-in?? You are playing way too scared!

Some tips:

A) Try raising on the button (if no raise already) no matter what cards you have. Particularly with 3 or fewer limpers. You can often pick up the pot on the flop with a small bet.

B) Bluff a lot more, particularly when your opponents show weakness.

C) Build up pots before you steal them. I.E... try to build up a big pot that still has fold equity and then go all-in to get your opponents fold.

Paperboy

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I'm am/was playing to scared. Once I started losing I just starting getting more tighter and more passive trying to somehow stop losing, which in turn just caused me to lose more. Folding that JJ was pretty much as bad as it got.

Thanks for all the help
-starvs