View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Absolute change rules

I noticed last night that my ARP points weren't accumulating right either. I emailed support and had the following waiting in my box for me this morning:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear *****,

Thank you for your email. Due to a glitch our system was given ARP points to almost every table regardless the requirement of this program, this problem has been corrected. If you have any doubt regarding a ring game or tournament please let us know and we will check for you.

Please visit the next link to get full information about our ARP Program, I quote just the requirements for you:

http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsARP.asp

Points are awarded to players as follows:

1 Point for every hand played in a REAL money ring game with a limit of $2/$4 or lower that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
2 Points for every hand played in a real money ring game with a limit of $3/$6 or higher that has collected at least the minimum rake ($.25)
4 Points for every dollar in tournament buy-in Fee. Please note that the tournament fee is now collected as a 9% of the total of the prize pool and that AR points will be based on the fee collected rounded up to the closest whole number. For example a $10 tourney will generate $0.90 in fees, and will earn 4 points.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Alex
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"

[/ QUOTE ]

1. So the first email in this thread was wrong. It's 2/4 OR LOWER, not 2/4 or higher.

2. They claim they fixed the mistake. I'm at work so I can't check it out now, but I'm sure somebody around here plays low-limits at Absolute during the day and can verify whether ARPs are accruing properly or not. (It's darn near 1 hand = 1 ARP, so it's not that difficult to check).

3. This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with clearing bonuses. It's just about getting Absolute swag and CardPlayer subscriptions. Since my lifelong dream has always been to turn myself into a walking billboard for online gambling proprietors, the swag-accumulation issue is critical. For others, it's probably not a big deal either way.