Thread: Russ Georgiev?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Russ Georgiev?

All I know about Russ G. is from reading RGP, but here's what I've pieced together.

Russ is apparently a guy in his fifties or sixties who has spent his adult life as a poker cheat. He occasionally makes strategy posts to RGP (before SuperSystem II, a post of his was about the only material about triple draw lowball that was around). He has the infuriating habit of "reposting" all of his threads every few months. He accuses virtually every big name in the poker world of being a cheat. He spams his rather worthless "PokerMafia" website constantly.

My take is that there is certainly a grain of truth to his posts in that some of the players he has accused of cheating probably do cheat, but I don't believe all of his wild claims. He strikes me as a bitter old man who regrets wasting his life as a con-man, is jealous of his peers who have become rich and famous from poker while he sits around scamming online poker and spamming RGP in a crummy apartment somewhere, and is possibly mentally ill.