Thread: My SnG Strategy
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Re: My SnG Strategy

Hi DJ

Seems sound enough to me and if you're making money this way, then it works for the level of table you're playing at.

I guess it's not the higher stakes tables as I assume these wouldn't have as high a % of lemmings queueing to jump off the cliff early doors - a queue I may add I've stood in many a time being a lower limit SnG player myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Only problem I have if you enter a family pot, with 5+ limpers say, is it become much harder for me to define a good hand and/or guesstimate what my opponent(s) may have.

Several are likley to catch a piece of the flop (one or two a big fat chunk) and if I catch bottom two pair for instance on a J87 flop, if I'm against 1 preflop raiser opponent I may be happy I'm in the lead but against 5 preflop callers I could be up against allsorts.

Str8 may be made for someone, flush draws could be there, 2 pair Q's up etc etc.

If you hit it big time then most others miss it completely so you win diddly, catch a half decent piece and you can lose big time.

Just my opinion, buyer beware I am a learner!!

G'Luck

stoneii