View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 10:45 AM

Default Favorite comments from the Bush press conference

When asked about the lack of evidence in support of his claims that Iraq has vast quantities of WMD, combined with the fact that many other nations support continued inspections and diplomacy, Bush boldly declared that if something isn't done now, we'll see something far worse than anything in the past. We saw what they did with just 4 planes, and they possess far worse weapons than that.

Later, when asked whether he ever had any doubts about his present course, whether he thought that maybe aggressive US military action would increase terrorism, Bush replied that he "couldn't imagine anything worse than 9/11."

--------------

It also brought me great joy that he used the expression "I believe that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction" at least a dozen times during the session. Other prize-winners were "we all know there are links between Iraq and Al-Queda" (I'm assuming he's referring to the fact that they're both from the Middle East) and his refusal to bridge the logical gap between "they need to disarm or we'll make them" and "we'll be disposing of Hussein while we're at it." Hey...at least he was bright enough to avoid the "I wouldn't worry about that - he's not coming out of this one alive" answer to the questions about the necessity of capturing/killing Hussein in the event of war.