View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 02:45 PM

Default Re: More about the bogus British report Powell Quoted at UN

"Clarkmesiter this poster I "attacked" called me a facist in another thread with no provacation. After that any manner I might use to respond to him is tame."

OK, maybe I jumped in out of context. If you two have your own personal flame war going on, then by all means have fun.

" I read his words as inciteful and dangerous"

Oh come on now. Really. Dangerous to whom, exactly? Are the 20 people who read this forum going to go blow up a post office now? Other than Zee, I don't know that anyone who reads this is capable of anything dangerous. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (Though I suppose HDPM could arm his neighbors if needed) [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

"Facts do not become irrelevant with age, in fact they often become more meaningful with some time to see how they still apply today"

And sometimes they become irrelevant. You know, our country once had legalized slavery. How meaningful is that today? Only slightly more meaningless than pre-gulf war intelligence detailing Saddams infrastructure before we dismantled it.

"I do believe the BBC reported that the information from that paper was accurate"

Actually, there is a quote on the BBC stating that some of the numbers were "slightly exaggerated"

"Just because portions of Tony Blairs report were written by a college student does not make them automatically incorrect"

Those "portions were about 60% of the report. And while it doesn't make them incorrect, the fact that the information is 12 years old certainly makes them close to irrelevant IMO.

"Does this surprise you that national security may be at stake and you do not get all the details? I certainly hope not "

No, of course not. It does surprise me that of all the mountains of irrefutable evidence we supposedly have, the best we can do publicly is to plagurize a 12 year old document. Since we (and our allies) are willing to lie and misrepresent it makes me question our motives. Particularly when I already think its fairly obvious that this war is about more than just Saddam and WMDs. In short, the arguement that our president is "acting on sensitive intelligence that is not suitable for public consumption" only flies when I trust the president and think he is being honest with the American people. And at this point, I don't.