View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 02:23 PM

Default Re: More about the bogus British report Powell Quoted at UN

In typical conservative fashion, you ignore the thrust of his message ("This is some pretty scary [censored] they found in the UK") and find a pretext to personally attack the poster and obfuscate the issue.

Clarkmesiter this poster I "attacked" called me a facist in another thread with no provacation. After that any manner I might use to respond to him is tame.

His inflammatory rhetoric isn't intended to "incite a rebellion", its intended to highlight just how disturbing the revelations in those links really are.

Are you taking over as the resident psychic? I read his words as inciteful and dangerous.

Seriously Jimbo, you don't find the fact that the UK is using a 12 year old student paper as the basis a public speech disturbing? That they are using 12 year old allegations as "evidence" supporting war, and by extension the death of tens of thousands of human lives disturbing?

Clark I do not find the facts in this 12 year old fiasco as being any less relevant today than then. Do you?

And even worse, our Secretary of State cites said speech as evidence! I think this is an incredibly disturbing and downright scary piece of news.

How so? Facts do not become irrelevant with age, in fact they often become more meaningful with some time to see how they still apply today.

Basically, if this is all we and the UK can muster as evidence at the critical juncture, then I am forced to conclude that we have NOTHING on Hussein. Zilch. We are resorting to plagurizing 12 year old student term papers????????? Jesus F Christ we are talking about WAR. People are going to die, and this is the best our government and our biggest ally can come up with?

No Clark, this is the best they are willing to provide publicly without compromising crucial intelligence sources. Just because portions of Tony Blairs report were written by a college student does not make them automatically incorrect. What fuzzy logic you are using here Clark. I do believe the BBC reported that the information from that paper was accurate. The only mistake was not giving proper accreditation, this does not make the accurate information inaaccurate.

You are really more concerned with calling the initial poster unpatriotic than with the information reported in the CNN article? I am far less concerned with inflammatory rhetoric and unfounded statements from an anonymous poster than I am with inflammatory rhetoric and unfounded statements coming from our President.

If that was the case I would agree with you Clark but I believe our Presidnt has better information than you or hundi36. Does this surprise you that national security may be at stake and you do not get all the details? I certainly hope not .