View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Results, and another round with this guy

I couldn't see why he pushes now if he has the (probably nut) flush, plus I had my own outs if I'm behind... so I called.

He shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I don't improve and I'm down to T2100. Still, above avarage.
I think I made the right call, as most of you agree too. And as the game goes on, this guy looks more and more like quite a strange player, so (in retrospect) I don't think he tried to "double-bluff" me with his flush (is there a term for this kind of a bet, when you want your opponent to think you're bluffing when you have the nuts?). I think he simply hit his diamond, so he pushed in (it's in contrast with a SP he did earlier, but that's poker).

Now, see if you can work through another one... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd hand from the same SNG. Starring: The same player!

We're down to 7 at the table, (13 overall), blinds 50/100. I'm 3rd here with T2050, holding A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the SB.

UTG folds, UTG+1 (T3020, loose calling station) limps, folded to button (T1620, our friend from the previous hand, who keeps losing and winning big, with some crazy moves) who limps. I raise to 400. BB (desperate, T270 after posting) calls and he's all-in. UTG+1 folds, our friend the Button calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

ugh.

Now, what's your move? And more important - what will you try to achieve here?

PrayingMantis