View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Minnesota Carnage: 12/22 at the \'Bury (LONG)

[ QUOTE ]
I spend the next 10 minutes trying to get NLsoldier and his buddy to extract themselves from their 8/16, but they give me some sob story about how they’re “up” and “in a good game” and “way down on the list for the 3/6.” I would have argued longer, but I got my seat change to table 10….the soon-to-be site of the greatest train wreck of a 3/6 game that Canterbury has ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "up" you mean, "UP 7 FREAKING RACKS!" Then yes, I was "up."

It would be a crime to leave a game in which I get the button 3x per orbit (Rounder041 and Girgy44 were directly to my left and a few maniacs were to my right.) Not to mention that I was running hotter than I ever have in my life.

So ya, admittedly, I stuck around in the 8/16 game, and then changed my nine racks of yellow into a few racks of red and moved to 15/30 where I proceeded to win some more despite taking what was probably the worst beat of my life in the biggest pot I have ever been involved in.

Also, in defense of my PMS, I was on that damn 3/6 list FOREVER. And they kept telling me I had to take the first available table and ask for a table change instead of getting on right on table 10 when a seat opened. So they started a new 3/6 game after the tourney ended and I was actually going to sit in it for a few hours while I waited for a seat on 10 but when I got there after telling the floor to lock it up, some fuckhead had stolen my seat. Apperently I need to start tipping the floor because that was only one of many problems I had with them regarding table changes that night.

So I go back to my 15 game and play a few more hours, periodically wandering over to table 10 to watch the now somewhat settled down antics of DougieBitch, SchneidsFish and Co. Finally I see that there is an open seat, but as I am about to lock it up, a guy named Dennis wanders over to my 15 game. I didn't know what he looked like, but I had heard stories of Mr. Dennis, and immediatly ran over to ask Schneider if this guy was the Dennis I had in mind. He said probably not if he is playing 15/30, but then I got back to my table and saw the way he was tipping the waitress and chip runner and got very excited.

A few minutes later Dennis had already dropped a rack and his name was being called for 30/60, I assumed it was time to kiss my new friend goodbye, but to my amazement he gave em a thumbs down. After Dennis passed, I heard them call "Schneids for 30/60?" And got a good laugh at the fact that he had immediatly run up to put his name on the 30/60 list after hearing that dennis had arrived, despite the fact that he had been giving me [censored] all night (although not as much as Doug had been) for not being in the 3/6 game.

Dennis left after dissapointingly dropping just 2 racks, and I proceeded to finally take my seat at table 10. I immedialy lost a few racks, but reality hit when Edge admitted how many racks he was down in that game and I decided I didn't feel like throwing away all my profit from the other games, plus I handn't had the chance to go out to Schneider's car and consume the booze he was nice enough to bring for us <21 folk, so I tightened up a bit (read: decreased my vpip from 100% to probably 50%) and won my money back.

It was awesome meeting all you guys, I'm definately looking forward to Schneid's home game.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Dave