View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 12:26 AM

Default OT: Home game STT- too much luck with this blind structure?

i just got back from playing at my buddies home tourney he is holding once a week now. this is the third time i have played.

$20 buy in STT paying out the top two finishers. start with about 1100 chips. 7-8 handed table. blinds start at 10/20 and go to 20/40, 40/50, 50/100, 100/200, 200/400, 400/800 every 12 minutes. however, these people are relatively new to poker, they talk a lot, there is always a football game on tv or something so noone is usually paying much attention to who the betting is on etc. so i would say at best we make a hair over one orbit per level.

the blinds become obscene instantly.

i have played this game 3 times now finishing 2nd the first game and OTB tonight and the last time.

my question is, as a reasonably decent SNGer (have turned $100 into ~$800 in 4 months just playing $5 and sometimes $10 SNGs on full tilt- sorry i dont have any ITM or ROI stats) and these people being mediocre, do i have much of an edge here or is it just push and pray? and maybe even stop playing? also, the table is unpredictably loose. what levels should i remain tight through and where should i start to loosen up? any SNG powertool applicability here?