View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Anyone been to a star trader seminar?

$100 won't kill you and you may learn something. One good idea will be worth the money. But I wouldn't go to any more of their "classes" (and they will have more...

The best thing you said was "After i return from the seminar im going to get a few books and decide where i want to go."

There are many good trading books you can obtain from the public library. Search Dan Mezick's posts for titles.

Please avoid bulletin board (aka pink sheet stocks with a '.pk' suffix for those who don't know).

Even with just 'a few grand' you can swing trade quality Nas NM stocks. It may not be exciting at first trading just a few hundred shares, but capital preservation is important at any level and you can't afford to blow trading illiquid stocks. It's better to be able to get in and out of a quality trade at a deent profit on small blocks than to buy thousands of shares in some chump issue where you are at the mercy of the MM's to get out of. It's easy to buy volume in bb's, but difficult to get out. I bought a bb stock ten years ago and still have it on my account because I won't pay the $25 to the brokerage to get it off. It's been a good reminder to play quality...