Thread: New to SNG's
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 11:30 PM

Default Re: New to SNG\'s

It should apply to even lower buyins than the $10+$1 SnG's as well. The approach is designed to protect your chips from goofball players (or that has always been my interpretation of it) and give you a good shot at powerful hands when you do enter a pot.

Players with more experience and who have learned to read their opponents well can deviate frequently from such standard play, but when you are new to SnG's it is a good basis for any of the low limit buy ins.

The one thing it really doesn't help a great deal with is when you get into the money and start playing really short handed (either 3 way or HU). I read the HU forums to help my short handed game, and that helped some. Truthfully though, experience playing 3 way and HU was the main thing that improved my short handed play.

For me a short handed game (3 players or HU) almost seems like a different game. Others may not think so, but for me it was a huge adjustment. My first dozen or so SnG's that I got into the money I got stomped when it got into the money. It just took me (and judging from other posts I've seen other people as well) a while to get used to playing with 3 or less.

I hope this verbose response answered your question. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]