View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Wall Street Vs. Law School Vs. Graduate School

I essentially agree with you. However, you are somewhat different from most lawyers in that you are doing well at a top law school and have a high paying job lined up. You also like the work you do. I like the work I do for the most part and liked the stuff related to that in law school. But there was a whole lot of boring stuff in there too. I do agree that a lot of times law school isn't very hard, which makes it boring IMO. I do agree people overstate the work involved. Being a lawyer is hard though. Harder than most people think. Your debt is fine and you will get it paid back quickly enough. Where I think people make a mistake is when they go to an expensive law school that isn't a top school, particularly when they don't want to practice law. they better want to in order to pay it back, and often times they have a tough time getting a job that pays enough to cover the massive debt.

I never understood the people who went to law school for just somethng to do or because they didn't know what they wanted. I think that is a recipe for unhappiness. People end up practicing law to pay loans back and don't like it. If you don't know what you want and don't get into a toip school, I say go to a cheap school at least.