View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Gun Talk: the mini-14

Ray Zee used to rave about this rifle on the OOT forum back in the day when only 5 or 6 million users were posting. Made by Ruger, in case the more uninformed liberals don't know the gun manufacturer, it is in the .223 caliber (5.56mm).

I purchased a used model (FB I think), which was released by a state prison, thus, it is a 'military style' gun with bayonet mount, flash guard, stylish wood stock, and other cool features. The rifle came with a 20 round magazine. Which is perfect because it is not too long or bulky or upsetting to the balance of the weapon. And with 20 rounds you have enough ammo to slay random looters, a few stray dogs, your mother-in-law, and still have a few bullets left for the gang banging drug dealers. I will soon be buying a few extra magazines, call it the Nawlins’ syndrome if you wish.

After a month of firing this rifle I am getting used to it and have the sight adjusted perfectly (it is a ‘peep sight’ [that’s what I call it]). It is a very accurate weapon, and I can do quite well with it, especially from a bench rest getting good groupings at 100 yards. I still have to practice more with open stance and sitting and prone positions, but I am getting a real feel for this rifle. The more I shoot it the more I like it. It's a beauty. Ray Zee is exonerated, once again, as he was right about this rifle. In fact, Ray Zee is right about a lot of things. Most annoying.

-Zeno