View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Large CRT screen needs drivers for higher resolution

Hello,

I have been looking around to buy a new CRT monitor since my current one only lets me have 1280x1024 resolution.

Then, however, a friend comes by and tells me
"If you only get correct drivers for it, you'll be able to use 1600x1200 on pretty much any monitor".

Since this is a 19' or 20' monitor I believe it should actually be able to handle a much higher resolution.

I don't know how to get those drivers though. Right now I only have the winxp standard "plug and play monitor" drivers which might be the reason I can't get high res.

The monitor is a HP A4331D CRT monitor, 3-4 years old (maybe a little more), and I like it very much so I'd love to be able to keep it. But then I need those drivers for a good resolution.

I checked on the HP website with no success. There are drivers but not for this one. I thought maybe you can use drivers for some other monitor and have them work with this one too, but I don't know very much about this so I don't know where to start looking and how to install them.

I would greatly appreciate any help, since it might save me loads of money if I don't have to buy a new monitor.