View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Button AQo vs a raiser

10+1

Forgive me if this post is boring or simple. I am trying to find my footing coming from limit, and need to get opinions on some basics. This felt like a "big fold" to me. Raiser has been making their share of raises in position, but was showing down some big hands (AKs, for example).

I lost this tourney. Doubled up to 1500 early with KK, then went card dead and got blinded away. Any time I had a decent stealing hand (almost never in this particular game), this guy had already raised it up so I was screwed.

This AQ was quite literally the only playable hand I saw, but it seemed like there was a good chance I could lose a lot with it in this situation. I also had no way of knowing that I wouldn't get any hands after this one, obviously.

I think this fold was very tight, especially against a minraise, especially on the button. I don't think I like it. Your thoughts appreciated.

This hand was early in stage 4:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) converter

MP2 (t1490)
CO (t1305)
Hero (t1410)
SB (t1130)
BB (t570)
UTG (t825)
UTG+1 (t640)
MP1 (t630)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t350