View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: $33 STT 2 months of data trying out pro

Thanks everyone for the useful advice.

I agree, the 2 month sample together is the best indication of my ability, given my small sample size. I only lean towards the first month because I can tell my cards have been a little cold the second month.

Income requirements: Poker is my only "job", but I'm young, single and frugal, so $1000-2000 a month is plenty of money. Nothing wrong with more, but that will pay my bills and help with bankroll building. Also, I currently don't really want to play more than 20hrs/week, so looks like I should be moving up to 4-tabling asap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree that my game isn't yet ready for the $55 level.

Ender mentioned rakeback, that isn't available on PP, right? Is there another site that offers rakeback, that still has games as soft as PP?

I actually put in a lot more than 20hrs/week at poker, but the rest of the time is spent reading these forums and reading and re-reading my poker books. I only switched to NL at the beginning of month 1, so I think I still have a lot of theory yet to learn. Aside from TPFAP, HOH 1/2, any good reads?

Question for those moving up the multi-tabling ladder. I find at 3 tables I can't really keep good notes anymore, I am sure 4 tables will be much worse. As you go to 4-tabling and beyond, do you simply stop taking notes on the less important stuff, or altogether? With multiple tables i lose the ability to remember what size raise will fold people on a given table, and I can only remember who the maniacs are without checking notes. Also, I become more mechanical in my continuation bets and probe less. Anyone else with me?

Thanks again for all the help,
Eric