View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Results from my last 277 SnG\'s (Help?)

I think 50% ROI is way too lofty a goal for this level. Reminds me of the people who "expected" these kinds of returns and better in the stock market during the late 90s. I think it's unrealistic in the long run. Not at these buy-in levels. You don't have the same chowderheads here that the people who supposedly have 50% ROI on this forum play against in the lower buy-in events (and for too small a sample size in many cases). You can't extrapolate what you did in lower buyins to the higher buyins. If just two or three other guys in these events are playing that know what they're doing and the rest are still clueless, this is going to eat into your earn as they're going to be standing in your way come bubble time when the dead money is gone. And this is typically the case at the higher buyins.

Don't be so hard on yourself. 30% return on your money is very good, whatever your endeavor. And this is for much more serious money than the guys dinkin' around with $10+1 tourneys. Assuming each SNG takes an hour, you play two SNGs at once, 8 hours a day, 2000 hours a year and you're playing 4000 SNGs and bringing down +$130K. That's not acceptable to you? You really think you could sustain 50% ROI working full time over a year and bring down nearly a quarter million dollars?? I think you set your goals too high. Not even sure 30% is realistic if talking a few thousand SNGs. And we won't even get into the fact that these games WILL dry up once the Golden Age of Poker starts to wane and these horrible player either go broke or get a lot better. It's not always going to be this easy.