View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 10:07 AM

Default On the bubble with A8s

Hi all.

It's a 20$+2$ SNG, we're four players on the bubble, 3 see the money. Rough chip counts: 4000, 3600, 3100, 2800. I'm 4th. Blinds 100/200.

Introduction: the player at my left (T3600) is pretty loose-aggressive. Last four orbits, when I was SB and he BB (and two others folded), I raised to 800 and he folded, probably had completely zilch. I know he's getting really angry and nervous about my stealing, because I watched him play the whole game, and see how he tends to react. I'm wating to re-trap him when he goes over the top to punish me, and I'll have some real nice hand.

Now, I'm getting A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG. I raise to 800. Button (the guy I was talking about) pushes. Two others fold. I know I don't have a monster here, far from it, but I have a strong feeling he might be pushing here with a wide range of hands, to stop my stealing and because he thinks I'm raising now with complete trash. I think there's a big chance he's on Kx, QJ, TJ, or a lower ace. Of course he can have a pair, or higher Ax, but I think more often he won't.

So I call.

He shows: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and catches a J on the river.

I bust.

What do you think about this move? (and I didn't switch between us this time... I'm not "him". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

PrayingMantis