View Single Post
Old 09-22-2001, 10:07 PM

Default Re: The \"Poker\" Economy

Vince- yesterday I played the 10-20 "early" game at the Mirage in Vegas with 5 "Nut Rocks". These guys are considered the BEST 10-20 players in Vegas and this game is considered one of the HARDEST to beat in the city. First of all, they wear you down just by their incessant chatter and replaying of hands, etc. If you happen to beat them in a hand, they immediately explain it away by saying they misplayed it (vs. you outplaying them). Get my drift? When you call their raise or reraise them, they look at you as if to say " you are calling ME"? It is almost comical. When I spoke to one of my poker pals today about this, his first question was "WHY WOULD YOU PLAY THERE?" and he looked at me as though I had blonde hair! I told him that it is "good for me" to play one of the "hardest games in town" and get respect in it! It sharpens my play, helps me learn to be a better player, and keeps me humble and AMUSED at the same time. Amused because these guys really are "ego-centric" and being a woman poker player, I just love to "get em"! No, I did not win a ton of money, (in fact, it was less than 1 BB an hour), but I am "making my bones" for sure by playing with the "tough" guys. Today, I went to Bellagio and played in a mostly tourist 15-30 game, and used some of what I learned yesterday to win easily and quickly. Some would say that is because of my better "game selection" today. I think it is because I am prepared by having played the "tougher" games. Love, Babe(y).