View Single Post
Old 09-22-2001, 06:58 PM

Default Re: The \"Poker\" Economy

hillbilly,

2 years ago I played in Vegas for a seven month stretch, I played 15 holdem at Bellagios for 5 days a week. the one thing I remeber is that the pro's were like jack rabbits. Hopping from one table to another. I reused to move from my original table. Occaisionally I would change seats but almost never tables. Invariably the game that I was sitting at would become good if it wasn't good already. so changing to get into a good game is almost never necessary. Just wait and be patient and sooner or later you game (mid limit) will get better. But that isn't the reason I recommend not worrying about game selection for a mid limit player. First let me say that if you have a choice etween a good game and a tough game then don't be foolish. got to the good game. That's quite different than worrying or spying the other available games to see if ytou should move from yur current table because it's tough. Yes I recommend seizing the moment. The game is just as tough for the others at the table even tougher if you happen to tbe the best player there. Believe me some pro's are better than other pro's. they didn't get that way by avoiding tough games. Mid limit poker is the proving ground of poker. It's were you earn your bones. It's where you learn to become a professional. It's where you learn how to move up. You learn that by facing all competition. I do not profess to be all knowing or omiscient like David so I qualify my recommendation here with a "This is my opinion" The only one I know that has done it my way is me. It works for me. That's all.

vince