View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: River Play With Strong, But Not Nut Hands

[ QUOTE ]
Ok but does this mean you see yourselves check-raising on the river as a major tool you use in PLO? Is this something I should think about more often? I just cant see justifying any but the most powerful draws if you dont intend to value bet them when they hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raising on the river is something I do rarely but I am constantly looking at this game from other angles to see where I can incorporate something new.

There is a difference between trying to check raise a hit draw on the river which you are implying and check raising something like top set when someone has been calling you down.

At every level I have moved up within Omaha there are less people that I happy to pay off my top boat when I pot every street therefore I have to look at other ways to get money in the middle.

At the $200 level a big part of that has been raising with a good variety of hands and using position alot more rather than simply nut peddling.

So in answer to your question, no, I don't see it as a major tool but it is something you should be thinking about. The fact that you have recognised it and posted on here about it is a good sign.