View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 07:17 PM

Default My 2+2 sng suggestion... Leaderboard!

Well I know I haven't been playing lately but that hasn't stopped me from following all the results (and don't think I'm not gonna be back soon). Anyways, I have been thinking about an idea for a while now and I thought I'd bring it up.

Leaderboard!

I'd be really interested in tracking results of these things over a longer time frame. Perhaps this will seem like a bad idea to some. Maybe overly-competitive?
We all know a competitive mentality has no place in a poker tournament right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The only real reason (that I see) why it might not be a good idea is that it might discourage some from playing. Players who don't think they are likely to do good might not enjoy seeing themselves near the bottom of the standings all the time.

So, who thinks it's a good idea?
If it is a good idea, how should it be done?

I think it would be good to separate the two time's so that players who play in both don't get too big an advantage. I also think that it would be best to just track the last ten or twenty at a time (plus maybe a long term standings in addition to the short term)

I would be happy to put these results together each week if you guys did want to try it. What should the points distribution be? How many points for each place? Points for how many places?

Should it be run in specified 10 or twenty week blocks, or should it just be the last ten or twenty at a time. The advantage of a specified block would be that you could name a ten or twenty week champ.

Any thoughts?
Brad S