View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Bubbling 8s7s Stop-N-Go, Villian likes to miniraise

[ QUOTE ]
blinds 100/200, 4-handed, i'm the shortstack with 1133 after posting BB holding 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

villian has being doing alot of mini-raising (1XBB) as we've gotten shorthanded and he continued along those lines.

villian [3679] mini-raises to 400.

i just really felt like he did'nt have a hand. the chipleader, the SB, and myself had all been alot more aggressive shorthanded usually raising 3XBB, or in my case, pushing all-in. my plan was to STOP-N-GO, calling his mini-raise and pushing the flop. another reason for my decision was a few of my all-in pushes with hands like 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] were folded to him and he would comtemplate, then fold. i felt that, as the shortstack, he would'nt expect me to call an extra 200 unless i had a pp or a hand with overcards.

the flop :J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rainbow [900]
the flop ends up being better than i thought. baring that villian does'nt have K Q , i can win the pot with four 10s and four 5s with the straight.

i push all-in [933].

thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]
i make moves like this with trash sometimes. it is dangerous but when it works about the only effective way to deal with loose miniraisers who are also loose callers pf. I prolly woulda made the same move considering the circumstances.