Thread: Push this A7s?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Push this A7s?

Sometimes it's good to play passive. You never have any guarantees. Of course both short stacks could double up, but they aren't likely to, and even then you have great chances to finish ITM. I'm just suspecting that when you add up all the factors, you are supposed to fold this hand.

Sometimes you have to allow yourself to be crippled in these extreme bubble situations where you are in clear 2nd and first place is miles ahead of you. You aren't always going for "first" place.

In this case I'd try to get into the final 3 and then MAYBE just maybe even try to get into 2nd, but I wouldn't go way out of my way to do so. That depends on some more factors of course.

Don't be scared to be passive and cripple yourself. I understand how it makes you feel helpless, as the blinds eat up such a large portion of your stack. However sometimes it's the best way to play. I know this from firsthand experience as it used to be a leak of mine that I would always be so desperate to make a move before I lose folding equity, even when it's incorrect to do so.

Anyway I suspect pushing isn't so bad, I just have a feeling that folding is slightly more profitable against most opponents.