View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: 1/2 nl live QQ feeling pressure

This is live 1/2. People in live 1/2 games almost always suck really really hard at poker. They also think of bet sizes in absolute ($20) terms instead of relative (1/2 pot) terms. You have a monster on this board. You want the money to go in. It goes in easier on the installment plan. If you push, he has to make one big decision to call one big bet. if you do it in 2 steps, he makes 2 smaller decisions and is more likely to call (in my opinion). On the flop, he can think to himself "he might be bluffing, I'll take a card off". Then on the turn he can think "well, there's so much money out there now, my 77 is probably still good". The only thing you lose with this plan is if a card falls that beats you or kills your action. An example of the former would be if he would've folded AK to a flop push but calls the small bet and hits an ace or king on the turn. An example of the latter would be if he would've called a flop push with 88 but an ace falls on the turn that makes him fold to the turn push.