View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 04:58 PM

Default Re: What\'s your play here?

What a hand! FWIW, I see 3 possible scenarios:

1. You are ahead and win 4350 about 2/3 of the time. This happens when opponents have TPTK and some combo of overcards/open-ended straight draw/flush draw.
2. You are behind and win 4350 about 30% of the time. This happens when at least one opponent has a made flush and your boat outs are good.
3. You are behind and win 4350 about 4% of the time. This happens when you’re against TT or a made flush and JT.

If the three scenarios were equally likely, it would be an easy call.

Given your reads, however, scenario 2 appears to be the most likely and it is +EV. Scenario 1 is obviously extremely +EV. So, I probably call unless I’m very confident that this is Scenario 3.

Other thoughts:

Extra motivation for calling is that I still have a fighting chance if I lose the main pot as long as I beat utg+2, who appears to be the most likely player to have a marginal hand.

If you were a short stack, I would definitely call since this seems like a good time to gamble.

If you were a huge stack, I would definitely call since you could afford it.

Since you’re a big-but-not-huge stack, the possibility of scenario 3 would haunt me but I would probably call in the end (and cry when Kurn ends up being right and my opponents show A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and TT).

Edit: Just found another oops...there's a good chance that more chips are going in the pot since UTG will call a decent % of the time. Thus you often win more than T4350. Since I already advocated calling, I guess it really doesn't matter, actually. Sorry about the sloppy post. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]