View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Terrorist attacks on US

"That also adds to the question of Bush. My removed perspective is that the US public doesn't have a lot of respect for his ability or intelligence and he knows it. "

I must agree here. I didn't particularly care for bush sr, but I do in fact recognize that he is a very intelligent man. I am not so sure about bush jr. I think he's just a southern hick who had enough connections to wind up president. Another friend seems to think that his cabinet is quite capable though.

Personally, I wish they had finished the job with Bin Laden when they had the chance. I am not mr. politics, but I know of no one else that has the manpower, equipment, or the grudge to do something like this.

"Bush Sr was president for the Gulf War. Middle East terrorists striking back now that son is president. Coincidence?"

Perhaps. Someone asked if this was the anniversary of black september, when the 747 was blown up, or if it was the anniversary of the peace accord signed back in 1970? Admittedly, my history is kinda sketchy, after all, I was raised in the US, where we teach history to our children according to our closed minded little view of the world, where the world stops at the edge of the US borders, the world is flat, and the US is exactly at the very center of the universe. Perhaps someone with a more complete knowledge of history can clarify these things.

Personally, I hope they DO get on with it and do their "full scale investigation"

Dave in Cali