View Single Post
Old 09-07-2001, 12:35 PM

Default we are on the same page Vince...

and I'm sure Jon will recuperate in short order from his "lesson"

did you read this follow up of his first post? Here is part of it

"To High Desert Poker Man, I lost about $1000 at 10-20 and pissed away the rest at quarter blackjack, because I just didn't care at that point. The sick thing is that the $1400 IS an immense sum of cash to me, BUT it was money I had won playing cards that I would not spend on anything else. So even though I am in reality no worse off financially, it hurts worse than almost anything I've experienced. And I don't even remember playing poker with so called "real money"...In fact, I think I would be terrified to withdraw $500 out of my savings and risk it at the table. I just don't know where to begin, but I will be back...and when I'm back, my priorites will be in order I promise....more comments appreciated... "

Sounds to me like the kid already has his priorities straight as he won't touch his "reality" money to gamble with. It appears he just took a shot at a higher game, things went from uh-oh to worse and he tilted off his gambling bankroll. Well, there is a gut check, and in my view possibly the best thing that could have happened to him at his tender age, assuming he analyzes correctly his mistake(s) and learns from them. He'll be fine