View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 50+5 bubble question

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you would fold here for several reasons. 1) You're getting over 5-1 actual odds, and even more implied odds. That's enough for me to call and see if an ace hits (or some miracle straight or something). If you're worried about him having AA, then you should fold KK here too. Except that you have one of the aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points.

[ QUOTE ]
but if you're going to lay down everytime someone makes that kind of move, won't you get run over?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]
Next time around, why would he call you when he can just bump it slightly and get you to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's not likely to survive until next time, and if he does and he tries to min-raise your BB he'll see your stack... which is not what I'd call getting run over.

[ QUOTE ]
You can't only wait to raise with KK or AA, and there's no other better hand you'll have to start with than AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to wait for AA or KK to raise, but you may want to wait for those to get invovled on the bubble against two min-raisers in front of you. And are you sure there are no other hands that are ahead of AK preflop?

[ QUOTE ]
So I'd call and see the flop and then evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's completely out of the question for reasons that will be quite clear if you reread the original post.

I fold this hand every single time without any reservations.

Irieguy