View Single Post
Old 10-12-2001, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Omaha H/L Turn Play

With three players and a monster draw to nut highs and lows, I'd try and maximize my chances to sweep. It sounds like you didn't want to eliminate the players behind you, but this could be unlikely since one is very loose and may call raises, and getting it heads up may actually be better. I'd bet when I see the killer go for his chips, and hope to be raised. If VLP calls, you're getting the best of it with your nut high and low draws. If VLP folds, that's fine too - VLP may have had a bad low like 67, and if the turn is a high spade and the river is an ace or a two you've won yourself half the pot if the killer was going high.

On the turn, you have to try and build a huge pot. If killer looks ready to bet, let him and check raise. You're leaving way too much money on the table if you don't raise in this situation. You have too many outs to the nuts in both directions.

On the turn against three players with 44 cards remaining, you have at least 14 outs to a sweep (4678 of spades, all four 9s, three Ts, three Qs), 5 others that may sweep (three 4s, JK of spades), 9 additional outs to just the low (three each of 876), 3 additional outs to just the high (3 aces)

There are only 9 cards you don't want to see (3 non-spade kings and jacks, and three 2s), everything else will give you a piece of the pot.