View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Flopped Quads....what\'s my play?

I really think checking it back is best here.

Our hero is last to act. Everyone has checked. There is only one flop card that could have paired anyone. It looks like nobody has anything; let them catch up.

These guys are not trapping, unless someone has the full house, in which case it makes no difference what you do anyway. If they're not trapping, they're not going to raise if you bet, and it's hard for them to have enough to call with.

Similar thoughts apply on the turn. You can bet in the hope someone calls on a flush draw, as AleoMagus said, and that will sometimes pick up more chips than letting them miss their draw. It's more likely that nobody has anything and they won't call.

Also, a bet from the last player to act on the river, after everyone has checked three times, will look very suspicious: I think people will look you up with anything ace-high or better. Giving them the chance to make the hand is the best way to play it.

It's our position that makes it so. Out of position, it's much harder to know how to play, and a bet on the flop or turn might get someone to raise you as a bluff.

Guy.