Thread: PP SnG 4-handed
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: PP SnG 4-handed

Good question which exposes one of the problems with the raise of 1K to begin with. It is difficult to imagine the button limping with AA, KK, or QQ here, although I suppose it is possible. So if you want to risk getting them all-in here as a favorite, go ahead and push with substantial FE. If you are unwilling to get them all-in here becuase the short stack is going to have an excellent chance of blowing out next hand, putting you into the money, then you have to just check (I discussed this possibility in another post, and it is probably what I would do) If you raise and get played back at you are going to throw you're hand away anyway and you've burned up a bunch of chips in the process. This leaves you in a terrible position to win the tournament, and substantially increases your chances of finishing out of the money if shorty gets lucky and doubles up next hand. Seeing as how Hero raised 1k, though, I think the call of the additional 900 to win 2500 is mandatory as you are likely to be at least a 57% favorite, and probably a substantially larger favorite, and you are getting 3 to 1.