View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 10:23 AM

Default 2+2 SnG: would people rather play Satellites to the 200+15 ??

Ok, here is the thing:

Stoneii suggested that playing the SnG for money prizes was a little bit dubious for two reasons:

1. For most of us it is probably a -EV decision to play these (in terms of winning money - not talking of educational value). The reason for this being the tough competition - compared to the normal fish at this level.

2. For the high stakes players it is such a piffling tournament that they don't care so much, win or lose.

The solution put forward to this is to play $13+1 18 seater Satellites to the $200+15.

This would make it (more) worth while for the high rollers, and it would allow the lower stake players to have a shot at a tournament they wouldn't normally play in.

-----------

So these are the options:

Run *additional* games to the current $10+1SnGs

Change all or some of the current $10+1 games into $13+1 satellites. We only play one game on Tuesday - But we play two on Wednesday, so there is the possibility to run one $10+1 and one $13+1 on Wednesday.

Stick with what we do now.

-----------

I will post what *I* think in a seperate response, and I invite all those who play these things or would start playing these if something changed to respond.

Tim