View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Is this play routine?

It is not routine, but I dont think it is a bad play. Anyway, I wont have played it that way.

Flop : Ok. Now of course, he has something to pay you with, but at these stakes, it can be a good ace, 2 spades... With a bad 7, he would certainly have bet or check raised, so he can have a FH, but I dont see him with better trips.

Turn : I am ok with your play, but only if you know what you are going to do on the river. If you think you will fold for a pot bet even if you made your FH, good play, maybe a little tight. If you think you want to induce a bluff, and pay a pot bet on the river whatever the river is, except maybe an A, very good play. But know if you think, if I make a FH I pay, if i miss I fold, this is very bad poker. SB either has you beaten already with a FH, or cannot beat you if a blank hits, like it happened on the river. With better trips, he would have bet or raised on the flop or the turn.

River : as I said, it all depends what you had in mind when you checked. If you can say that even if a 9 had fallen on the river, you would have folded, then it is OK. Tight, but OK.

Hope it helped. I hope you thought that, because your check on the turn really says "ok I am beaten, you can bet with confidence". Perfect situation to induce a bluff, or to escape a good hand that you think is beaten from the start.

See you

sahaguje