View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Antonio Esfandiari\'s behavior.

He annoys the piss out of me any time I see him play. I'm not out-and out saying he's got to show extra respect for players such as TJ and Phil(god KNOWS Phil doesn't deserve it, and, to some, neither does TJ), but i find it funny how he tries to needle people and rarely makes the right decision for it. He seems to play a decent enough game, although more of his game seems to be predicated on pressing a stack than any "real" poker(not that it's not real poker, but you know what i mean), in my opinion. I loved it when TJ pantsed him on SEVERAL occasions at the Sands, and would love to get a seat at his table, if only to mock his "i'm a great player/reader/magician" act when sent in my direction. He is 24 or so, so i'll cut him some slack there, but otherwise, he seems like the standard "new breed" poker player that, bought for what he IS worth and sold for what he THINKS he's worth, would make ANYONE a millionaire.
That said, Antonio, enjoy the million, and that "air shuffle" thing you do with the cards IS really cool,( also probably another part of the reason why he can afford to play in all these WPT events).