Thread: Internet Poker
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Internet Poker

Yeah, you're right about the live games. I have two games a week with between 5 and 9 players. And we play Manilla, which is the greatest luck game there is, and one of the only games where folding top full on the river is often the smart play.

We used to play holdem and had 8 players, but after i averaged over 9 big bets an hour for 3 months playing, the game was called off.

Anyway, i do suggest you give Paradise a go. I initially bought in for $50 and have now cashed out almost $7,000. Planet is also good but the software is a bit prehistoric, they do have very good rewards and promotions though. The other place i play is Ultimatebet. I have only played in the nolimit cash games there, but the software is good, and i have found the competition to be soft.

Having said that i just suffered a shocking beat with KcQc, calling a small raise flop came KdQd4c. I led into the raiser for the pot size got called. 9c came on the turn giving me top 2 and a flush draw, i overbet the pot for $30, got called, and then checked and called when the Th hit the river, and i looked at JJ for the straight, and the losing end of a $93 pot.